Release Date: 2018-11-12
- The installer for Caustics Generator Pro for Windows did not install the caustics renderer correctly, which made it not run on some Windows machines.
Release Date: 2018-04-16
- Spectral color rendering that simulates the refraction difference between light of different wavelengths, resulting in a prismatic effect.
- The parameter settings in the user interface have been organized in tabbed views.
Release Date: 2018-03-08
- Rendering speed improvements around 7% depending on settings.
- Some frames could have been trashed with patterns of white pixels for some parameter settings.
Release Date: 2016-06-27
Release Date: 2015-03-27
Release Date: 2014-09-07
- Shortcut commands for common operations such as Render Frame etc.
- Reset button for parameters that return them to default state.
- Mouse wheel can be used to zoom in preview window.
Release Date: 2014-01-06
- Water surface normal map can be output as a BMP image.
- Caustics rendering output can be turned off to allow for just rendering height or normal maps.
- Default output from command line exe is BMP.
- Visual Studio C++ runtime redist DLLs packaged with installer.
- .NET Framework 4.0 requirement.
Release Date: 2013-08-09
- 32-bit versions did not install in "Program Files (x86)" as they should but in "Program Files" on 64-bit machines.
- Install path could not be changed when installing.
Release Date: 2013-03-02
- Fixed bug that caused renderer to not work from GUI when specifying a path containing spaces.
Release Date: 2012-12-08
- Changed default startup parameters.
- Fixed bug that caused a dialog "Failed to launch external renderer" to show.
- Fixed crash bug when using auto render.
Release Date: 2012-12-01
- Caustics Generator is associated with .cst file extension.
- Default render output is My Pictures.
- Program is released with an installer.
- Fixed bug where using the file dialog buttons to open/save project or change output directory caused the GUI to not find the renderer.
Release Date: 2011-12-10
- Major reduction in memory usage when rendering animations on multi core machines.
- Reduced long term memory usage during rendering.
- Out-of-memory no longer crashes the application but instead reports an error to the user.